'Vijaykanth sir put me at ease'-Chheryl

THE sexy goan lass is all smiles when she talks about Captain Vijaykanth, the hero of her forthcoming 'Engal Aasan'. For Chheryl, this is her second Tamil film and she is happy that ‘both have been with Vijaykanth sir.’

First seen in 'Arasangam' as the Canadian Police officer who helps hero Vijaykanth in Canada, Chheryl admits she had a meaty role and a good start.

From playing a modern girl in that film, to a traditional Indian girl in 'Engal Aasan', Chheryl has been able to showcase her talents to the maximum. So how was the experience of working with the big man himself ? “Vijaykanth sir put me completely at ease.

He was so friendly and full of humour and never let me feel that I was a newcomer," says the former model. "He was very helpful and would tell me so much about camera angles, dialogue delivery and how to emote. In 'Engal Aasan' I play an Indian girl who loves him in the first half and hates him in the next half. So I had to really show intense emotions and I did it with his help."

When she first signed up 'Arasangam' she had not seen Vijaykanth but had only heard about him. "But he has fans around the world! In Canada, during our shooting, people would come from all over just to meet him," she recalls. This former Ms India finalist 2002 and winner of the Sony Viewers My Ms India award, has several ramp shows, TVCs and print ads to her credit, including one with Dhoni. She has walked the ramp for leading designers from Aki Nirula to Ritu Kumar. So how did Tamil films happen?

"I had heard of the Tamil film industry because in Mumbai there are many stars like Sridevi, Rajni sir, Kamal sir, Simran and Jyothika who are known to Hindi audiences as well. So I was aware of this industry and when a friend suggested that I attend the auditions of 'Arasangam' by the producer in Mumbai, I took a shot," she says. Before she knew it she had bagged the role that very evening!

Chheryl certainly dreams of a Bollywood career too but right now she is concentrating on her Telugu flick 'Sathyameva Jayete' (a remake of Khakee) starring Milind Soman, Atul Kulkarni, Neetu Chandra and Sivaji. She is also in 'Va Da', Sundar C’s next Tamil project.

'Engal Aasan' is almost ready and Chheryl has got some songs left in the movie which are being canned in the Far East. Is this Vijaykanth starrer going to be as lucky for her as her debut film? Lets wait and watch!

Related Posts by Categories



....

No comments: