'Destiny brought us together'-Director Vijay

VIJAY recounts for the first time, how he signed up Ajit for 'Kireedam'. “I had written 'Kireeedam' and met Murugan, the manager of Sivaji Films.

Ajit was doing their 'Paramasivam' then and gave an ad showreel of mine to be passed on to Ajit sir. However nothing happened for six months. One day I met Suresh Balaji who liked my script and took me to Hyderabad to meet Ajit.

There Ajit hugged me and made me feel very comfortable, making general conversation and even serving lunch to me, seeing my nervousness! He is a thorough gentlemen and a great humanitarian.

When Suresh showed him my ad showreel, Ajit’s face changed completely. He said, “I have seen this reel before! Destiny has brought us together. We are doing this film.”

Apparently, Ajit’s assistant had forgotten to show the reel to Ajit. One day when a repaired DVD came home, the showreel was the only CD around and Ajit used it as a demo to check out the performance of the DVD player! Ajit was mesmerised and very impressed by the person who had done the ad. But he never knew till he met Vijay in Hyderabad, that he was going to meet the same debut director who had impressed him earlier. That’s how a young debut director signed up one of the top five stars of Kollywood. Fate indeed!

Related Posts by Categories



....

No comments: