"A good role at last!": Namitha


Namitha the glam queen of Kollywood is all excited about her new film Pachakuthirai scheduled for Tamil New Year Day release. In this chat she speaks about her career moves and debut into Kannada films. Excerpts
Your career seems to be on a high these days? I'm a student and I want to do better. I want directors who can find the actress in me. With each film, I?m getting more and more involved and (smiles) I am getting good offers.
How has this year been for you so far? My first release Kovai Brothers was a hit. I?m waiting for the release of Pachakuthirai next week. Then there is Nee Venumda Chellam. My roles in both these films were challenging.
Tell us about Pachakuthirai?Finally I got to perform in a film! My character- Poovu is a poor slum girl who gets married to a rowdy played by Parthipan sir. How we change each others life forms the crux of the story. I am the pivot round which the story moves.
How was the experience? Initially when I heard the script I wasn?t to sure if I could do justice to the role. Parthipan sir took a lot of effort to helped me get a new look and I should say that he was very helpful and patient with me. His obsessive love for work and his punctuality is some thing to be admired. Sabesh Murali?s songs are great and the camera by Selvam is awesome.
You look very different in the stills?. You think so? I?m so happy about it. Pachakuthirai is perhaps the only film in which I?ve acted so far. I was desperately looking for a change in the usual manner in which I was presented in my earlier films. I guess, it could be because this time I?ve not used any artificial paints, no false eyelashes, lipstick and I always wear sari with a big bindi on my forehead throughout, except for songs. In fact, the way the character talks, her body language and the way she communicates with her husband is all different.
Have you become selective? (Smiles) sort of? I want to do good roles. I have signed a Kannada film with Ravichandran and I am listening to a few good scripts in Tamil. Something interesting is going to happen to my career and I will be holding a press conference to announce it soon.
What about marriage? I just hope when it happens, it doesn?t hamper my work. Right now I?m too much into my working space. I get so passionate about anything I do; I don?t know how I can balance a personal with a professional life. I?m a very happy person.. thanks to God.

Related Posts by Categories



....

No comments: