‘I like new directors better than old ones’-Jai

JAI, the fastest rising young actor in Kollywood these days is riding on the waves of success with Subramaniyapuram.

Already onto his next project Rakhozhi, directed by Oram Po fame Pushkar and Gayathri, the lad is one surefooted youngster in Kollywood.

And by the looks of it, he aint afraid of speaking his mind. “I like new directors better than old ones” he declares, not afraid of offending the old guard in any way. And he goes on to explain why.

The old giveth way to the new

It’s no surprise why he prefers the new for the old really. After all its new directors who have given him his heady taste of success so early in his career.

Jai tells us his funda, “New directors have fresh ideas, creativity and the zest to work and give their best. This is because being new, they have to prove themselves in their debut project so they give it all they’ve got.”

He adds, “Old and established directors will look for big stars and will get their dates too. But it’s the new directors who cannot get the stars and need other actors to do their projects. So, if I suit the role they have in mind, I am ready to work with them.”

Jai is determined to work with all the assistant directors he can, depending of course on whether the script is inspiring. “I want to work with all assistant directors who have good ideas,” he declares.

His next is Moser Baer’s Aval Peru Tamilarasi directed by Mira Kadiaravan and Adhe Neram Adhe Idam directed by Prabhu.

Image change

He is excited about his next venture Rakhozhi too. “I wanted to do a city flick and Pushkar and Gayathri had just the right script with a role I had in mind.

The film is completely about the night life in Chennai. It’s a romantic action flick and I play a city youth of about 24, while Lekha is a homely student type in the film.

We start shooting in September and I am looking forward to this image change, in a get up viewers have never seen me in before.”

Thala, the friend and guide

The biggest moment in Jai’s life was when Thala Ajit called him up and congratulated him on the day Subramaniyapuram released.

He spills the beans excitedly, “I am a big fan of Vijay and Thala Ajit. But I still cannot believe that I actually got a call from Ajit sir when my film released.

He told me he liked my body language and acting in the film. He actually said that if I needed any advice I should call him up.” But the hesitant Jai did not do so.

Surprisingly enough, he got a call from Ajit ten days later! “Ajit sir actually called back and asked me why I didn’t call him up! His sincerity was amazing. Today we have become very friendly,” says Jai.

Jai goes on to add, “Ajit sir messages me regularly and wishes me on all festivals and special occasions. He likes me very much and I am so very happy because of this.

I know so many heroes but I have never met anyone like him. Now I want to be like Ajit sir. He is a perfect example of a good-hearted and good-charactered person. He is my iddol and mentor,” concludes Jai.

Related Posts by Categories



....

No comments: