Jackie Chan and Mohanlal in a Japanese film

Versatile Malayalam actor Mohanlal will be working in a full fledged international film based on the life and times of Nair-San (1905 – 1990), a man of Indian origin (a Tamil father and a Malayalee mother) but who lived his life mostly in Japan. Though in Japan, he was actively involved in the freedom struggle against imperialistic Great Britain. His cause was not just limited to India but also for many other parts of Asia.

Nair-San will be brought to life on the silver screen by Albert, an aluminous of the Film and Television Institute in Chennai. Committed to serious cinema, Albert is the recipient of three Kerala state awards.

Says Albert, 'My fascination for Nair-San made me come up with a script and found many interested people in Japan. I thought one vital character of the film would suit Jackie Chan and sent the script to his office. Jackie Chan evinced his interest within a week for the cameo role and also volunteered to choreograph an action sequence'.

Playing Nair-San has caught the imagination of Mohanlal and has given a 125-day call sheet to the director. An excited Mohanlal said, 'My father had told me about Nair-San and I liked the person a lot. I was also told that he used to stay in Poojapura, the same area I stay in Thiruvananthapuram'.

The film is to be produced by Morpheus Media Ventures Private Ltd., and A. R. Rahman is expected to score the background score.

The film will be shot extensively in Japan, Inner Mongolia and a few scenes in India.

Related Posts by Categories



....

No comments: