Sameera Reddy for Kollywood

What is your role in Vaarnam Aiyrum?

I am playing the role of a sensitive and sweet college girl who will change the life of Surya.

How is it, working with Surya and Goutam Menon?

I am a fan of Surya and his film Khakha Khakha and Surya is a very humble person. He and Jo (Jyothika) make a beautiful couple. Surya is a very proud father and a dedicated husband. And Goutam Menon got the best out of me in the film as I play a very sensitive and soft character.

What is the next film you are working on in Kollywood?

I am acting with Ajith in a yet to named film directed by Goutam Menon. I can’t reveal anything more than this.

You have worked in Hindi, Bengali, Telugu and now Tamil Industry, which one is the best according to you?

Each industry has its own charm and individuality . I have won national awards for films. There is nothing like, one industry is best.

How are your roles different in Kollywood when compared to Bollywood?

In Kollywood, I have now played a very subtle and sensitive character but in Bollywood, my characters were always loud and clear. But here, I faced the toughest task of battling with the language. I learnt the dialogues like a school girl. At the end of the shoot, when I see my first rushes, I am very happy and then I realise the sweet pain.

There have been rumours about you seeing cricketer, Ishant Sharma. What do you say about that?

I don’t know from where you find all this. I am shocked with these constant rumours.

Are you dating any other cricketer?

No no…


Is it true that you really didn’t find a good store in Chennai to buy clothes?

Yes. I couldn’t. I am a shopaholic and I still remember I wanted to buy jeans and I couldn’t find a good shop to buy them. But I thought people in Chennai are not fashionable. But now I have to change my view because I found people, just as conscious about what they wear. I even saw that on the ramp here. And with Style One I think, Chennai will become a fashion hub. The clothes are so trendy with some amazing sun glasses collection. I love them.

What is that one place you like in Chennai?

I like the Spa in The Park hotel. It’s one place that brings me down to this city and nothing else.

What food do you like in Chennai?

I am a South Indian and so, I take South Indian food only. I simply love idlis, dosa and I am absolutely in love with the chutneys.

What are your upcoming projects in other languages?

I am acting in an art film with Sunil Shetty and other popular actors. I am also acting in a couple of comedy films.

But I am extremely excited about the Tamil film.

Related Posts by Categories



....

No comments: