Vasundara Das a generous singing bird

Vasundara Das, a renowned multi-faceted artiste, is set to make a comeback to Sandalwood after a gap of few years. Recently, Vasundara sang for the film Saacha, and although she’s considered a high priced playback singer, she declined remuneration from the producer of the film. “I was fortunate to get such an opportunity and I liked those two songs very much. I am grateful to my Guruji Parameshwar Hegde, for giving me a chance to sing those songs. As my music teacher, he knows my strengths and weaknesses,” says Vasundara with gratitude.

Ready to act

Vasundara had acted in a Kannada film Lankesh Pathrike directed by Indrajit Lankesh. She has also acted in Tamil, Malayalam and Hindi films. However, Vasundara has not been seen in films for quite a long time. “I am ready to act in films, provided they are worthwhile projects and justify in keeping me away from music. I am not against acting in films but I’m also not desperate for them. I do not want to act in films just for the sake of it but I would accept good films that will help my career as an artiste,” explains Vasundara.

Wrong notion

There is a notion among Kannada music directors, directors and producers that Vasundara is not available either for singing or acting. Perhaps, her busy schedule or travel plans may have fostered the idea. However, she begs to differ. “It’s true that I was not able to to act in films or sing Kannada film songs for the last few years. I’m always game to sing songs for Kannada films, but unfortunately a few people think that I am always out of station,” she says.

Guru’s appreciation

Parameshwar Hegde, who debuts as a music director in Kannada films with Saacha, is all prais for Vasundara. He had the privilege of teaching her classical music when she was a five-year-old. “I know that the producer can’t afford to pay remuneration to Vasundara. I just called her over the phone to find out whether she could sing a song for this film and she agreed to sing not one but two songs and that also for free. It shows her generosity and dedication to good music,” says Parameshwar Hegde.

Related Posts by Categories



....

No comments: