I’m an entertainer, not a hero: Vishal

Actor Vishal, whose ‘Thoranai’ will hit screens next Friday, says he has tired playing not a hero, but an entertainer in his forthcoming flick. Directed by Saba Ayyappan, the film is a bilingual, called ‘Pista’ in Telugu.

“While I’ve constantly been working in films as an action hero, this is the first time that I think I have been given my due as an actor who can do comedy. As the film was slated to release for summer, we wanted to do a film that will be enjoyable to all. And sans unbelievable heroism, I have opted for some good entertaining fare in the film,” says the actor, who says he thinks action comes good to him. “I don’t know how good I am in dance or in romance, but I think I am good when it comes to action,” he said.

Agreeing to reports that suggested that his face was losing its sheen owing to excessive exercises, the actor said he took the comments in his stride and will work about it. “My mother has also pointed out that the glow in my face has dwindled. I sometimes think of the producer who saw me and said “someone like you can never be a hero’. Everytime I see the mirror I think of him. I’m glad I am in a better state today, because the very same producer came to me looking for dates for a film. I couldn’t accommodate him, however,” says the actor.

'Thoranai' has Vishal paired with Shriya and the duo will team up once again for his 'Theeradha Vilayaatu Pillai'.

Related Posts by Categories



....

No comments: